Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- British bookseller WH Smith has a “bestseller” list which is just as fake as any other.
- A German court rules that ad-blocking browser extensions do not violate copyright law (yes, that is as a crazy as it sounds).
- A novelist in Iowa is suing her agent for trying to steal her series and have it completed by a ghost writer.
- Bad things can happen when your agent tries to become your publisher.
- Wired has an overview of ebook subscription services.
- Have you ever wondered where the word kerfuffle came from?
- The UK govt was considering relaxing import rules on print books. Author groups managed to quash the effort.