I have built and worked on many sites, including
Lucinda came to me with a request: could I please help her figure out how to set up her website’s new theme. This was a complex theme, with a lot of built-in features, but but one thing it did not have was easy to follow instructions. The finished site was simple compared to the demo, but it still looks great.
Her site is no longer active.
I provide ongoing maintenance and updates including SSL and plugin replacements due to conflicts, and I add new features on request. Recent changes include tweaks to the site’s AMP pages, a new more efficient search feature, and the addition of a search box in the menu bar.
Mark is also a current support client.
I replaced the theme with a better design, tweaked it to suit his blogging style, and fixed spelling and formatting errors in the content. I also added the usual security and SEO plugins on the backend.
This was a small project, but I am pleased with how it came out.
I added HTTPS, imported blog posts from Lisa’s old blog, and then moved the site from Godaddy to Bluehost. The site is now faster, costs less to run, and and will have better SEO as a result of the added blog posts.
At one point I looked into building a turnkey website hosting service, and as part of that process I also set up an FAQ where users can find answers.
There are several free FAQ themes for WP, but they all looked awful. So in addition to answering all the questions, I also had to modify the CSS and layout so that the site actually looked nice.
It was a small project, but a fun one because it was such a change of pace.
I created a new front page for the site, and added a second blog. The new home page is designed to bring all three of Dreamwatch’s main activities to your attention, and entices you to find out more.
This was a simple rebrand, and it came out rather well. Julia is an established SF author with a new urban fantasy series which was being shopped to publishers. I had to rebrand her site so that it looked less like an SF author’s site and more like the site of an urban fantasy author. I did not have a lot to work with (the series is still unpublished) but I think this project came out well.
This was a simple website refresh project for a publisher based in Louisville. I was tasked with cleaning up the design without significantly changing it. (I like these smaller refresh jobs. They’re not profitable but it’s nice to be able to leave a site looking better than it before I started.)