Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- RCA released an album for a couple days over Christmas just so they could continue to squat on the rights.
- Jane Friedman has some advice for writers who want her to read their work.
- Passive Guy tries out an AI writing tool. The result was better than you might expect.
- Tom MacWright looks back on six years of taking notes in notebooks.
- How new verb conjugations become part of standard English. Speaking of which, the past tense of go is went, but did you know the present tense of went is actually “wend”? (it is a different verb, yes)
- Americans say they are reading fewer books, according to a Gallup poll.
- A survey conducted last spring by the Pew Research Center shows a jump in the number of Americans who have read an ebook in the previous year.
P.S. I am in the middle of helping to organize a writer retreat for an RWA chapter (I am a conference organizer now, yes) and I need a speaker who can talk about inclusivity in romance novels. Can you introduce me to someone?