Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Chuck Tingle is now a traditionally published author.
- Amazon’s Tiktok competitor is now available to all USA customers.
- The thing that all these nifty libraries in other countries have that USA libraries do not are gov’ts willing to spend money on public services. that’s why those libraries have things like cafe’s and USA libraries generally do not.
- Tiktok’s parent company is launching a publishing imprint, but you should avoid it – the contract terms are atrocious.
- Scammers running ads from hacked Facebook accounts are going to train users into not clicking ads, and thus make your marketing efforts less effective.
- The other problem is that not only is FB not doing anything about the hacked accounts, I have been told they are also shutting the accounts down when the owners refuse to pay for the ads the hackers bought. (I’m still trying to confirm this.)