Here are a few stories to read this Sunday morning.
- As the EFF shows in detail, the automated content filters just don’t work.
- The 9.7″ Pocketbook Inkpad lite is launching this fall.
- Here’s some good news for those in my line of work: BookFunnel now offers team logins (this lets authors give techs and VAs access without handing over your username and password).
- The term Critical Race Theory has been tossed around a lot in the last few months, and more than a few times the term has been used incorrectly. Here’s a useful summary on the concept.
- Kristen Lamb delves into all the wrong ways to write descriptions in stories.
- There’s a bookstore in Houston which is suing the hotel next door because the hotel guests keep throwing crap out of windows and hitting the bookstore.
- Written Word Media (the parent company of BargainBooksy and other ebook sales newsletters) polled 2,500 KU users. Here are the results of that survey.
- Your average AI can’t tell the difference between a nude photo and a picture of a desert.
P.S. If you found this useful, please sign up for my weekly newsletter. https://sendfox.com/natehoffelder.