Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Authentic is Merriam Webster’s word of the year for 2023.
- At the time of his death. F Scott Fitzgerald was considered a failed author by his alma mater.
- New Scammers are popping up all the time, and authors should be on their guard.
- Richard Goodman argues in favor of the word “ain’t”.
- Jonathan Bailey asks whether there is an ethical way to use AI text generators.
- I wonder if The Bookseller was paid to publish this piece sating that Twitter is still the primary platform for book publishers? (there’s no byline, and that makes me wonder why no one wanted to take credit for it)