Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Rhiannon Lucy Cosslett has a good argument for weeding your bookshelves. I accidentally went the Mari Kondo route a couple years ago, and I agree with a lot of what she wrote.
- Draft2Digital will soon make several Smashwords tools available to D2D authors.
- Jonathan Bailey has a great summary of the piracy lawsuits filed against AI startups.
- Amazon’s new ebook return policy is expected to go into effect by the end of January.
- Did you know there’s a secret society of people who seek out long-forgotten classics so they can be republished?
- Jonathan Bailey’s post on the Zazzle font piracy lawsuit includes a really good summary of the peculiarities of font copyrights.
- I recently updated my post on how to respond if your ebook is pirated. Before you ask, I know there’s no specific mention of what to do if your book is plagiarized by AI; I don’t have an answer for that yet.