Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- This post on inheriting copyrights wildly understates the complications.
- Famed Spanish thriller author Carmen Mola has been revealed to be a fraud perpetrated by three male Spanish screenwriters. It’s not just a pen name; they created a whole persona, and used that persona even in press interviews. (This is what makes it a fraud.)
- The Onyx Boox Max Lumi2 Runs Android 11, and is up for pre-order for $880.
- KDP Print now supports Japanese.
- On a related note, your Comixology purchases are now available via Kindle apps.
- “Motherfucker” isn’t just Samuel L Jackson’s signature phrase; it’s also how he overcame his stutter while a college student. It had nothing to do with him getting expelled from college, though.
- The PineNote open source E-ink tablet is now up for pre-order. (scroll down)
- Kris Rusch is right to point out that major publishers are ignoring their backlist, and that it’s costing them money.
P.S. If you found this useful, please do me a favor and forward it to several colleagues so they too can sign up for the weekly newsletter.