Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- The Oxford University Press just published a quiz testing your knowledge of the origins of various words. (It seems “scientist” was proposed as a joke.)
- The Radish and Tapas short fiction apps are being acquired for just under a billion dollars.
- Here are five ways that a work can enter the public domain (in the USA, rules vary in other countries).
- If your blog has gone stale, here are 54 ideas to get the creative juices flowing again.
- Victoria Strauss delves into two new scams authors need to look out for.
- Do you need pointers on describing skin in terms of cheese? This post will help.
- Here are a few reasons why libraries might not want your book donations.
- I just updated my post on 5 mistakes to avoid when designing your book cover.