Here are a few stores to read this Monday morning.
- Spotify is buying Findaway. (I had thought Kobo/Rakuten would buy them, actually.)
- In related news. Storytel just bought
- Draft2Digital’s Universal Book Links now includes print books.
- Amazon has now added its multi-format series pages to more of its retail sites.
- American conservatives have moved on from banning books they don’t like to wanting to burn the books.
- Which of these 9 types of readers are you?
- The #DisneyMustPay Task Force has found more cases where Disney is cheating creators.
- Whether you agree with it or not, this essay on the rules of English is interesting. We all accept that there are rules almost every one ignores, and rules that a solid minority ignores, so should we really care about any of the rules so long as one’s meaning is clear?
P.S. One of the tips I icked up this past week at the 20Books conference was that I should use the postscript wisely (make a connection with readers, mention a service, discuss what I am doing, etc). Alas, going to and from the conference has left me too tired to think up something clever to say.
One thing I can say is that 20Books Vegas was definitely worth the time. If you are an author, you should go, and if you provide services to authors, you definitely should have gone and exhibited. I am going back next year, and i will be hiring a couple assistants to help out (the trade show day was that big, yes).