Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- BookFunnel has a really good explainer for why some side-loaded ebooks look bad on the Kindle.
- The HarperCollins union is going on strike.
- BookRiot ponders how Goodreads makes money.
- Publishers and the Internet Archive have both filed for summary judgment in the lawsuit over the IA’s Open Library pirate site.
- The latest dumb use for NFTs: works in the public domain.
- Esquire digs into the history of several of the longest-running book frauds in YA publishing.
Thanks especially for the links to new dumb use of NFTs, and the YA frauds.