Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- Fleming’s Bond novels are getting expurgated.
- A programmer has developed a way to feed your kindle highlights into Stable Diffusion, and get images back. It’s pretty cool!
- Did you know that February 20th was National Book Clear-Out Day? (I didn’t)
- Keith Roysdon extols the virtues of used bookstores.
- The Authors Guild has updated its model book contract with a clause that bans using the book for training AI.
- Jonathan Bailey fundamentally misunderstands the problem of Amazon pulling ebooks from KU because it found pirated copies elsewhere. The problem is not the removal so much as the fact that Amazon is letting bots make the decisions to remove the books.