Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- BBC looks into co-op fees that publishers pay to bookstore chains.
- Did you know the Oakland Public Library has a display dedicated to the things patrons left in library books?
- Those nonsensical obscenity lawsuits here in Virginia have been thrown out.
- In spite of court rulings saying that the USPTO is wrong on this, it still doesn’t give a fuck that people want to trademark that word.
- Here are five reasons to use KDP pre-orders.
P.S. This Monday finds me volunteering on the virtual side of Chicon 8, the 80th Worldcon. Over the past few months I also built the websites for future Worldcons (Glasgow 2024 and Seattle 2025).