Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- The president of France gave the Pope a stolen library book.
- Shutterstock has signed a deal to license AI-plagiarized images. The reason I phrase it that way is that AI can’t create original visual art just yet; it has to be trained on existing art, usually without the creator’s permission.
- Grip the Raven, inspiration for Poe’s poem “The Raven”, is preserved in the Rare Books dept of the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- If you are looking for an app to better manage your book library, this post will help.
- The University of Chicago owns a 20 pound concrete brick which may or may not contain a book.