Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- One of the strangest copyright laws on the books was just repealed.
- Next year’s Paris Olympics is going to devastate a Paris cultural landmark: the book stalls along the River Seine.
- Comixology alternative GlobalComix took in $6.5 million in a recent funding round.
- Here’s an interesting new wrinkle in copyright law: If someone uses an unregistered work to create a derivative work, the original work automatically has a registered copyright. (This is going to make it easier to sue.)
- There’s still no reliable way to tell that a piece of text is AI-generated.