Here are a few stories to read the first Monday of the year.
- Winnie the Pooh was just one of many works which entered the public domain in the US on Saturday.
- Sascha Stronach explores the uphill battle many non-US authors face when trying to get published.
- Beware online services which claim to help register your copyright.
- Whenever I hear someone talking about Ai making people redundant, I remind them of stories like this.
- Have you read any of the literary luminaries who died last year?
- Harvey J. Graff explores the history of book banning.
- It’s really weird to see someone in 2021 discover reading ebooks for the first time on a Kindle, and not their phone or tablet. It’s like they missed the last 14 years of history, and are just now setting up a Myspace account or are making Flash video.
P.S. Happy New Year!