Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- The AI-generated book problem is so bad that Amazon KDP now limits you to uploading only 3 ebooks per day.
- When I hear about Amazon having a spam ebook problem, I am reminded of Google’s solution to ebook piracy: manually approving new accounts. Alas, that requires people to do the work, and Amazon is too cheap for that.
- A recent survey showed that only about 54% of Americans had read a book in the past year.
- Comedian George Carlin’s estate is suing the creators of an AI-generated comedy special.
- Lawyers are discussing how national borders might impact AI piracy – can you get away with the piracy by training your AI system on stolen work in a different country than the one where that system eventually gets used by customers?