Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Maryland’s library ebook licensing law may have been struck down, but that hasn’t stopped other states from debating related laws which use different legal arguments.
- Check out these 8 buildings that have been turned into libraries and bookstores.
- Longreads has curated a reading list on the neuroscience of reading.
- Bookshop.org will start selling ebooks later this year. https://buff.ly/3y9gI6N
- The USA Copyright Office has ruled that part of a graphic novel which used AI generated images is still copyrightable – just not the images.
- Clarkesworld Magazine has had to close submissions because they’re being spammed with AI-generated stories.
- AI-generated books are also flooding Amazon.