Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Lena Orlin delves into why Shakespeare gave his widow his second-best bed.
- Did you know Alan Moore penned a guide to writing comics?
- This reader got a wellness check along with her book order.
- Barnes & Noble supposedly has a new policy where they will only shelve hardcovers with a proven sales record. (Note: B&N will still sell the books online, but the much hallowed bookstore shelves could be much harder to reach.)
- How does one write a scene when you can’t picture it in your mind?
- The Economist recently decided to allow the use of the word data as both singular and plural. This is weird because I always thought it was one of those words which was already both singular and plural. (see moose, sheep, etc)
- Wired published an overview of ebook and audiobook subscription services.
P.S. I just released an update to Author Website in a Box. This is a complete author website in one easy to install file. The update adds a number of bug fixes plus new page templates for blog and archive pages.