Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Spotify has been caught letting Apple train its AI on audiobooks from independent authors (just like Findaway Voices).
- Baldur Bjarnasson has some great advice on how to self-publish a book.
- NY Magazine’s Intelligencer blog looks at how Amazon has crapified their website. (I’ve had the same experience, which is why I shop Walmart first – the shopping experience is actually significantly better.)
- Dale Roberts shares six keywords you should avoid using in your book description on Amazon.
- Jane Friedman wishes authors had the guts to negotiate for a better deal.
- After being contacted by the Screen Actors Guild, Findaway Voices and Apple agreed to stop using audiobooks to train Apple’s AI. (see the update)