Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- The FTC has filed an antitrust lawsuit suit against Amazon (announcement, filing)
- Project Gutenberg now offers 5,000 AI-narrated audiobooks.
- Yesterday’s over-hyped tech (blockchain) is being touted as a solution to the problem of copyrighted content being used to train AI.
- Getty has apparently decided that if you can’t beat them, join them. They just announced they’re licensing AI-generated images.
- Some fool thinks Amazon should flag AI-generated books. Given how badly they run KDP already, I think that is a terrible idea.
- The Atlantic has published a database consisting of the 191,000 books used to train AI.