Here are a few stories to read this first Monday in 2023.
- The Guardian delves into why the first of January 2023 is an especially important day in the annals of US copyright.
- On a related note, here’s a list of works that entered the public domain today.
- The NY Times has an interesting poll and article on words you’re not supposed to use any more.
- Rolling Stone asks what is the future of BookTok?
- This post on why you should hire someone to lay out your ebooks overlooks a number of high quality free tools such as Draft2Digitial’s free ebook converter.