Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- The Internet Archive has appealed the ruling in the Open Library piracy lawsuit, and the EFF is spouting propaganda in support of it.
- Author Robert Sawyer is celebrating 40 years of using WordStar.
- Amazon is flooding Audible with AI-generated audiobooks, and they are genuinely terrible to listen to. FTR, I am not opposed to AI-generated audiobooks as an idea, but the way Audible is rolling them out is just a mess.
- Written Word Media just released the results of their latest survey.
- A new legal filing shows that Facebook knew that training its AI using pirated ebooks was illegal.
- Conan Doyle’s Professor Moriarty was inspired by a real person.