Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- Australia will soon pay authors each time an ebook is lent by libraries.
- The Internet Archive filed a DMCA takedown notice over a software tool which strips the DRM from ebooks downloaded from the IA’s pirate site, The Open Library.
- Flood-damaged books were frozen in Italy as a first step in the restoration process.
- The Writer’s Guild of Great Britain has released a position paper on AI.
- Authors have filed yet another copyright infringement lawsuit against OpenAI, the parent company of ChatGPT.