Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Draft2Digital posted an update on its acquisition of Smashwords.
- Remember that ridiculous price-fixing lawsuit filed against Amazon and major publishers early last year? The defendants just presented arguments to dismiss the suit.
- There’s a bookstore inside this NYC bodega.
- You might want to run that fancy font through an OCR app before you decide to include it in your book. (This will give you a clue as to its legibility.)
- Pirated books are thriving on Amazon.
- Writer Beware warns against several bait and switch scams.
P.S. My apologies for the missed post last week; Lightning struck Comcast equipment early Sunday morning, killing my home/work internet until Tuesday. I could have adapted to the problem, but instead decided to use it as an excuse to go see a movie (Bullet Train – it was awesome). I also was inspired to get a trial account with one of Comcast’s competitors. (T-Mobile 5G Home internet – the price is good, but the upload speed is not good enough for a Zoom meeting.)
P.S. On Monday I was also busy closing on a house in West Virginia. I am going to remodel it, and blog about the experience. I am going to be traveling to the house when this post gets published. I plan to get started on cleaning it out. Wish me luck!