Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Here are three ways to step up your book marketing.
- Mike Shatzkin delves into the long-term impact of PRH and S&S losing their antitrust case.
- Did you know PW has been publishing dull and tedious editorials for over 90 years? Here’s one example.
- Dave Chesson explains in detail how your book can be pirated on Amazon (both print and digital).
- The Atlantic believes we are witnessing the end of social media, to which I say “eh”. Social media is merely the latest form of online communities which have existed for 40 years now. If it goes away, something else will take its place.
- Workers at HarperCollins have gone on strike this past week.
P.S. Did you know that Saturday, 19 November, marks the 15th anniversary of the launch of the Kindle?