Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- There’s paperwork for a new Nook on the FCC website.
- There’s also a new Fire tablet at the FCC.
- Draft2Digital is merging with
buyingSmashwords. (there are a lot of insiders who think this was a terrible move on the part of D2D – we think SW has neither tech nor enough revenue per capita to be worth buying)
- Tennessee and Missouri have introduced library ebook licensing bills.
- For some weird reason this article on the book publishing industry’s carbon footprint describes it in terms of reading, an unrelated activity.
- Did you know that everyone is misquoting and misinterpreting the “Jack of all trades” epigram?
P.S. On a related note. the “those who can’t do, teach” is actually a corruption of the original saying, and is false. The true saying is “Those who
can know, do. Those who understand, teach.” One thing you miss in the corrupted saying is that teaching and doing are complimentary. Teaching what you do forces you to better understand it, which makes you better at doing it.