Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- These seven tips on social media for indie authors includes some really good advice.
- HarperCollins settled with the union after a 66-day strike.
- Peter Derk explains how to get the most out of a small book promo budget.
- It’s a shame this list of readers’ pet peeves is paywalled; it’s a fascinating read.
- Michael Gallant has advice on how to deal with negative criticism about your writing.
- Mozilla has a unique way for you to come up with a baby name: look for the names that showed up the most often in security breaches.
- Speaking of names, I discovered last month that my last name is relatively uncommon. Fewer than 100 people in the 2010 USA Census shared my last name, and only around 860 people around the world share it (most of them live in Germany and Brazil).
Sorry for the late post; I got distracted by a client emergency this morning, and then forgot to get back to my Monday routine.