Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- Did you see this post about how to spot publishing scams?
- It’s really weird hear that writing what customers want to read is being equated to authors being “pressured”. I thought that was just common sense.
- Amazon has added more options for selecting book categories in KDP.
- Authors Behaving Badly: See what happened after this author lost her shit over a 4-star review.
- One of the entries in this book cover contest was made by a person in Photoshop using elements created by the AI MidiJourney, and that was apparently enough to disqualify it from the contest.
P.S. I had a fun Monday last week. That post I wrote on Google not indexing websites went viral, and I got around 10 thousand visitors in the space of about 3 hours. (And that was just the visitors who could get the site to load; my firewall said another 15k never made it to the site because the server couldn’t handle the load.)