Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Book Funnel has continued its transition from helping authors grow their mailing lists via lead magnets to being an ebook retail platform with the addition of Gumroad delivery and downloads from checkout pages.
- Amazon is changing its ebook return policy.
- Reading books doesn’t mean owning them forever.
- France just set a minimum delivery charge for online book orders.
- Douglas Cootey has advice on how to avoid Shiny Object Syndrome.
- Getty bans AI-generated images from its service over copyright concerns.
- Kelly McClymer asks whether your book cover is doing its job.
P.S. I was keeping this under wraps until the sale was finalized, but I just sold The Digital Reader to Johannes Haupt. If you are not familiar with the name, I originally knew him when he published a German-language ereader blog ten years ago. He has since transitioned into being a web media publisher, and owning a bunch of blogs and websites.