Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- From Crazy Rich Asians to Shrill, authors are asking for (and getting) more control over the screen adaptation of their novels.
- There’s a new startup which authors can use to organize online book fairs.
- Vaping has become the new cliched “bad girl” trope on screen.
- Dean Wesley Smith published a list of 9 reasons to go tradpub.
- Kris Rusch looks at how fear is driving some authors’ business decisions.
- Overdrive acquired one of its smaller competitors.
- If you have no idea how to get started with your mailing list and newsletter, I have a few tips for you.
- New York has passed a library ebook licensing bill.
- Goodreads continues to be a shit platform.
- Goodreads is a shit platform, redux.
- How would you like a lego typewriter?
- The 2021 Discovery Award winners were announced last week.
- Here’s a list of books you shouldn’t donate to Little Free Libraries. (Seriously, one of the things I do with the two LFLs I take care of is weed books like the ones on this list. )
P.S. If you need a tech VA or help with your website, email me at [email protected] Got a story that I should include in next week’s list? Shoot me an email.