Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Did you know there’s a search engine for weird old books?
- A new (basic) Kindle was announced this week. Also, Amazon upgraded the Paperwhite to 16GB storage.
- Slate is taking the Internet Archive’s side in the lawsuit filed over the IA’s pirate site, The Open L:ibrary.
- Bookfunnel now offers watermarked ebook downloads, and via their app, an option to let people read your book without downloading it.
- Mike Shatzkin has a great overview of Open Road’s automated ebook marketing platform.
- Karis Rogerson points out why authors need beta readers.
- It turns out that what makes legal docs hard to read is not obscure concepts but bad writing.