Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Texans are suing their county gov’t after books were removed from the public library.
- Amazon is no longer selling ebooks in the Kindle Android app.
- Did you know there’s a Tetris port for the Kindle?
- A white guy will be replacing another white guy as CEO of Macmillan by the end of the year. The publishing conglomerate will continue to be owned by German oligarchs.
- Las week Amazon added Epub support to its email conversion service. Now it is removing Mobi support from that same conversion service.
Tech Tip: If you have a site hosted at either Bluehost or Godaddy, I strongly urge you to find a new host. The pandemic has been a trying time for all, but some have buckled under the strain. Both Bluehost and Godaddy have both gotten noticeably worse over the past two years, and I have had to move multiple clients off those hosts. (One client required an emergency move because BH broke his server, and couldn’t fix it.)
If you want a recommendation for a new host, may I suggest PeoplesHost.com? Their service is excellent for the price.
P.S. Sorry for the short list today; I am learning the hard way that I cannot fit two days of traveling and 2 days of attending an SF con into 3 days.