Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Amazon’s reliance on bots to run the Kindle store has once again bit it in the ass. It has been overrun with a deluge of AI-generated ebooks, and there just aren’t enough Amazon employees on hand to fix the problem.
- Speaking of Amazon’s reliance on bots, that is also why Goodreads is widely described as a toilet where innocent books can be review-bombed out of existence.
- While AI is problematic in many ways, I do agree with Tina Sendin that it can be useful in the hands of creators.
- Here’s some practical advice from yours truly on how to respond if you book is stolen online.
- Yet another copyright infringement lawsuit has been filed over the content illegally used to train AI.