Here are a few stories tor read this Monday morning.
- That lawsuit accusing Amazon of conspiring with publishers to fix book prices has been refiled. While it may sound nutty, that is mainly the result of how PW framed the lawsuit. Courtney Milan dug through the actual filing (PDF), and she thinks the case has merit.
- DeviantArt bungled the launch of their AI-powered art plagiarizer.
- Kindlepreneur has a great rundown of words you can safely trim (usually) from your writing.
- Well that is weird – SFWA published (and then later removed) a blog post on using AI-generated cover art. (I do not have a link, no.)
- Derek Murphy just launched a landing page service called 1Link.
- Jonathan Bailey digs in to the DMCA and content management issues surrounding having a Mastodon account.
- If you are in need of a new source of character names, this blog post on medieval pet names is worth your time.
- Apple has replaced the page-turn animation in Apple Books. I don’t like that type of animation, but I agree that the replacement is inferior.