Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- TikTok has announced a number of book retail partnerships. Developing a direct revenue stream was smart; pity the same idea didn’t wok for Twitter.
- Amazon cuts staff in its Books and Devices divisions.
- Bookbaby now offers computer-generated audiobook narration at $999 a pop. Someone remind me, how does this compare to a human narrator? $250 PFH (per finished hour), I think
- Even with the marked drop in print quality, Digital Books still wear out far faster than print.
- Amazon has made itself $5 billion richer at the expense of working Americans, and state and local gov’t were willing accomplices.