Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Sarah Nicolas asks whether Goodreads is a good thing.
- The Economist has a really good article on the value of teaching grammar.
- Here’s a really good set of best practices for working with a book editor.
- The founder and CEO of Comixology has been transferred to another part of Amazon.
- If you need event ideas for a book festival, last summer I lead a brainstorming session on Twitter, and then assembled the suggestions into a list. (I wanted to help run my local book festival, but they turned me down.)
- The newsletter platform Substack has its own feed reader app now. This is ironic because Google killed Google Reader because we were all supposed to be getting our news chosen for us by algorithms, and not from sources we chose.
- Here are seven tips for increasing your rejection rate when submitting to agents.