Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- Rakuten launched Kobo Plus in the USA and UK.
- Amazon is expanding the use of Transparency codes (Amazon’s proprietary QR code) on the back covers of the books it prints.
- Joanna Penn shared a list of the tools she uses in her author business.
- I’ve noticed that ChatGPT is wrong enough that I would call a bullshitter (someone who just makes stuff up on the spot). For example, it labeled one Australian mayor a criminal, and he’s threatening to sue.
- Mark Williams wants to know why HarperCollins is selling the same ebook for $3 in India and $13 in the USA.
- Amazon’s new Your Company Bookshelf service enables businesses to distribute books to their staff.
P.S. I haven’t mentioned this in many places yet, but last fall I started a blog about the house I am remodeling in West Virginia. It has been an interesting expereince.